continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviving the automated Selenium tests
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 03:48:20 GMT
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Success!  Or, progress, at least.  I think I just re-learned all the
> lessons that the first person who did this went through. :)

More progress... the Cargo devs kindly fixed the problem I had with
the multiple data source support not working with the JNDI mail
session, so we can now configure the Cargo Maven plugin with
everything Continuum needs to start and run.

You can see the new config in continuum-webapp-test/pom.xml

That pom goes with the src/test/java/.../AboutTest.java class and
src/test/resources/it.properties.  I hacked in some conditional code
in AboutTest to create the admin user and save the general
configuration, so at long last, 'mvn clean install' works again.

As for the tests themselves, we still have many options open, such as
 - repairing the old set of JUnit tests in src/test/it
 - writing new JUnit tests
 - switching to TestNG (see patch on CONTINUUM-2073, but I need an
iCLA before adding these)
 - using html format and converting to Java at build time before
running the tests

Any further thoughts (or volunteers!) on this?

--
Wendy