continuum-dev mailing list archives

From qnob <kuno.baeris...@sbb.ch>
Subject Build order of several groups with incremental build isn't right
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:00:14 GMT

Hello,

I've posted to the user list already, however, I haven't get an answer yet.
I'd like to know, if I'm doing something wrong or if I should create a bug
report.

I've configured more than 20 groups in continuum 1.2.2. Each group
represents a multi-project or subsystem and is configured as separated
module builds (-non-recursive) for the continous integration.

subsystem A (A0, A1, A2, A3,..)
subsystem B (B0, B1, B2, B3,..)
subsystem C (C0, C1, C2, C3,..)
..

A0,B0,C0 are the super poms of the subsystem. And A1, A2, ,B1, .. are
modules

There are dependencies between the subsystems like: B1 -> C2 , C3 -> A3, ..
The default build definition (continuous integration) builds each module
separately. The build order is correct.

However, on the super pom projects A0,B0 and C0, I've added project level
build definitions that run my nightly build recursively.  So, the nightly
build scheduler puts a forced, recursive build for each multi-project in the
queue (necessary for dashboard plugin integration).  Now, I'd expect a build
order like A,0 C0, B0. Unfortunately, the ordering in the queue seams not
right. I guess the dependencies in the modules are not respected though
multiple hierarchies. I'm right? Is there a workaround to get the groups
ordered right?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Kuno