continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Marica Tan <c...@exist.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with Distributed Build
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:04:47 GMT
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> This may be related to the problems with the Agent Groups feature (I
> reopened CONTINUUM-2068) but I can't get a build to actually _happen_
> on an agent.  When I click 'build now' in the master, I see the
> following in the agent's log:
>
> 2009-03-15 11:25:11,745 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR
> taskQueueExecutor#prepare-build-agent  - Error executing task
> org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException: No
> project build context
>        at
> org.apache.continuum.buildagent.taskqueue.execution.PrepareBuildProjectsTaskExecutor.endPrepareBuild(PrepareBuildProjectsTaskExecutor.java:305)
>        at
> org.apache.continuum.buildagent.taskqueue.execution.PrepareBuildProjectsTaskExecutor.executeTask(PrepareBuildProjectsTaskExecutor.java:127)
>        at
> org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
>        at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
>        at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:176)
>        at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)
>        at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)
>
> I have minimal configuration -- just the output and working
> directories and master url in the agent's config file. (No
> installations on either the master or slave, which imo should work,
> using the default environment.)

IMO, the problems with CONTINUUM-2068 have nothing to do with this, since
those were just jsp bugs.

I was able to build from an agent today  using CONTINUUM-1.3.2-SNAPSHOT
r754796. Minimal configuration in agent's config file -- output and working
directories and the master url. No installations and build environments on
either the master and slave too.

Based on your logs, it means no build context was given to the build agent
from the master. Could you try building again and see if it still happens?

Thanks,
--
Marica