continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel.veni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviving the automated Selenium tests
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:16:31 GMT
Good idea.

Actually, we have some tests in continuum-webapp-test/src/selenium-ide. I
think we can use/reuse them for automation.

The record process can be :
-Use selenium-ide to record all our tests
-Save them in html format so we'll can reload them in selenium-ide

The automation process:
-before to run tests, we can convert all html files to JUnit files with XSL
-Run all JUnit tests

With this process, we have no test to write and maintain in java, so I think
it will be more easy to keep them in the right way.

WDYT?

If you plan to test Continuum against multiple container/DB, maybe we can
load some environment on EC2 and tests them with selenium grid. I don't know
what could be the price for this. Carlos?

WDYT?

Emmanuel