continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Ancajas <jansqua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing Functionalities in Distributed Builds
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 08:29:58 GMT
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> We can have the user select which agent to add in a group and have that
>>> group attached to a build environment? So instead of agent attached to a
>>> build environment, it will be group of agents.
>>>
>> Sounds good to me..  I'll take a stab on 4 & 5 and see what I can contribute..:)
>
> What did you have in mind for this?  We had some other conversations
> about how groups and selection should work, for example that an
> administrator has to be in control of where a project is allowed to
> build, and some thoughts about whether to require explicit
> configuration of agents into groups, or whether it would be capability
> based and more automatic.

My idea is to require explicit configuration of agents into groups,
and then linked that to a build environment. And then for future
enhancement,  add the capability based feature.  To make it simple,
capability based feature will be defined on per agent basis.  So if a
project group-A doesn't define a build agent group then  it will just
use the capabality-based criteria in choosing the agent,  otherwise it
will try to filter the agent by it's build agent group and capability
based criteria.