continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum Data Management 1.2.3.1
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 02:07:24 GMT
Sorry... I was in a hurry and missed something here.  Continuum 1.2.3
was released before we started assigning qualifiers like 'Alpha' or
'Milestone' to numbered releases, so it was retroactively graded GA.
However, this 1.2.3.1 release should have had a quality vote.

The PMC has already voted to release it, so (assuming there are no
objections) instead of calling another vote I'm just going to use my
discretion as release manager and label it Beta quality due to:
 - trouble importing data with installations (CONTINUUM-2100)
 - incorrect docs (CONTINUUM-2078)

For now I'm only going to announce it on the dev list.  If we sort out
CONTINUUM-2100 without changing code, I may engage in some revisionist
history to fix the docs before announcing it on users@.  Otherwise,
there will be a 1.2.3.2 and the new docs will be published with that.

Thanks,
--
Wendy