continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject We have a PDF!
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:09:46 GMT
Lukas recently posted on dev@maven [1] that the PDF plugin in the
Maven sandbox was ready for more testing.  This was one of my favorite
m1 plugins, so I gave it a try and he helped me through some initial
issues, like relative links that were pointing outside the
continuum-docs module and confusing the plugin.

So, we now have...
http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.2-SNAPSHOT/apache-continuum.pdf

There is a profile in the continuum-docs module, and a new
src/site/pdf.xml file that controls the content of the pdf.  See [2]
to track progress.

To create the pdf with the site:  "mvn site -P pdf".  The file will be
in target/site/apache-continuum.pdf . (You'll need the latest Doxia
and PDF Plugin snapshots to get this to work, Lukas has been
publishing them, but I built it all myself.)

As mentioned on the issue [2], the PDF plugin is still in the sandbox,
so this will stay in a profile and be experimental until it graduates
and has a release.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/maven-pdf-plugin-ready-for-testing-td22100394.html
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-2101

--