continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prevent adding a project with a release version
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:19:44 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Marica Tan <ctan@exist.com> wrote:
> What do you guys think of adding an option to prevent user from adding a
> project where the pom has a release version?
>
> Currently, some users have encountered that if they add a project with a
> release version in its POM, then the built artifact gets redeployed to the
> releases repository every single build.

Sounds good, as long as it's configurable.  "Prevent non-SNAPSHOT versions"?

I think instead of preventing the _addition_, it might work better to
just refuse to build it if this option is turned on, and display an
error message.

You can get into this situation if a release fails in the middle, or
just by updating the pom, so there's a possiblity that a project was
added properly with a SNAPSHOT version, but then was changed later.

Obviously the release feature needs to be able to build non-SNAPSHOT versions.

--
Wendy