continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviving the automated Selenium tests
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 03:39:58 GMT
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'm working on right now is getting the container
> start/deploy/stop part automated again.

Success!  Or, progress, at least.  I think I just re-learned all the
lessons that the first person who did this went through. :)

If you execute...

   cd continuum-webapp-test
   mvn clean install -f it-pom.xml

... you will see the container start, and then the original tests fail
as they hit the Create Admin User page and never get past it.

The it-pom.xml and src/test/it-resources/it.properties files go with
the code in src/test/it, which is the original set of tests we had.

The pom.xml and src/test/resources/it.properties files go with
src/test/java, which has a single test for the About page, which runs
successfully.  This one requires that you start the webapp yourself --
the easiest way to do that is 'mvn jetty:run' in the continuum-webapp
module.

You can mix and match test code and container start methods by editing
testSourceDirectory and testResources in the poms.

Next on the agenda... either coming up with a new set of tests, or
repairing the old ones.  Any volunteers?

--
Wendy