continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Re: Parallel/distributed builds
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:51:52 GMT
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Emmanuel Venisse
<> wrote:

> Do you plan to implement parallel builds for distributed builds? Actually,
> they are exclusive if I look at them correctly.

They are mutually exclusive right now.  I'd like to see this added
(it's your CONTINUUM-2045) but I think work is happening first on the
things identified here:

I don't think it conflicts with those, so it could be added any time
someone has a chance to work on it.  I'm not sure if you're asking
because you're planning to work on it, or just to get it scheduled for
1.3.x?  +1 either way. :)

If we do parallel builds on the agents, then the single 'allowed
number of builds in parallel' won't work for configuration.  It needs
to be configurable per agent, because they might have different

(Actually I'm thinking we can remove 'number of builds allowed in
parallel... maybe the user should add the queues they want to use, and
either remove or disable the ones they don't want, to reach the
desired total.)

View raw message