continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Reviving the automated Selenium tests
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:15:40 GMT
I'm working on the Selenium tests in src/test/it in the
continuum-webapp-test module.  Right now they're not running at all,
and they depend on some things in maven-shared that are probably left
over from when Continuum and Archiva were both under Maven.  We might
want to bring that over to Continuum, or possibly put it in Redback if
it fits there.

Just fair warning that I'm going to delete a bunch of stuff and do
something simple before building back up to fully automated tests. :)
I'll tag what's there now with today's date to make it easy to bring
back pieces as necessary.

The first step is a dead simple test for the About page, which expects
Continuum to already be running.

I've externalized all the urls, ports, and passwords to a .properties
file so it's easy if you like to run Continuum on a different port or
url.  (For example, running with jetty:run in continuum-webapp, where
it's on port 9090 and doesn't have /continuum in the url.)

>From there we can look at the latest work in the Cargo project to
start/stop containers and deploy the app.  Rumor has it Cargo now
supports multiple data sources for Tomcat.  I'd also like to check out
Don Brown's IT Blast plugin which runs a set of tests against a webapp
in multiple containers.

Comments, suggestions, and volunteers to contribute tests and
configuration are welcome!

--
Wendy