continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Releasing 1.2.x for data management
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:14:06 GMT
Because of a bug, we're advising people not to use data management in
1.2.2 or 1.2.3, and instead to build the 1.2.4-SNAPSHOT jar.

I went looking to see what had been changed after 1.2.3, and JIRA
shows nothing in the 1.2.4 release notes:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=14891&styleName=Text&projectId=10540&Create=Create

I'll track down the change that was made to fix data management and
get an issue in there.

Since it seems no other changes have been made, I was thinking of
releasing _just_ the Data Management bits as 1.2.3.1 instead of doing
the entire thing.

To do this, I would change the <parent> in data-managment/pom.xml to
1.2.3, update its version to 1.2.3.1-SNAPSHOT, and release from the
data-management directory.  After the release, change it all back to
1.2.4-SNAPSHOT.

Thoughts?

--
Wendy