continuum-dev mailing list archives

From José Morales Martínez <jmora...@gmv.com>
Subject RE: Reviving the automated Selenium tests
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:31:59 GMT

I am interested in this topic.

I think that this would avoid many of the problems has been the change to strut2.

How can I contribute?  Test will be attached to Jira issues?

-----------------------
Jose

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com]
Enviado el: jue 12/02/2009 11:16
Para: dev@continuum.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Reviving the automated Selenium tests

Good idea.

Actually, we have some tests in continuum-webapp-test/src/selenium-ide. I
think we can use/reuse them for automation.

The record process can be :
-Use selenium-ide to record all our tests
-Save them in html format so we'll can reload them in selenium-ide

The automation process:
-before to run tests, we can convert all html files to JUnit files with XSL
-Run all JUnit tests

With this process, we have no test to write and maintain in java, so I think
it will be more easy to keep them in the right way.

WDYT?

If you plan to test Continuum against multiple container/DB, maybe we can
load some environment on EC2 and tests them with selenium grid. I don't know
what could be the price for this. Carlos?

WDYT?

Emmanuel

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on the Selenium tests in src/test/it in the
> continuum-webapp-test module.  Right now they're not running at all,
> and they depend on some things in maven-shared that are probably left
> over from when Continuum and Archiva were both under Maven.  We might
> want to bring that over to Continuum, or possibly put it in Redback if
> it fits there.
>
> Just fair warning that I'm going to delete a bunch of stuff and do
> something simple before building back up to fully automated tests. :)
> I'll tag what's there now with today's date to make it easy to bring
> back pieces as necessary.
>
> The first step is a dead simple test for the About page, which expects
> Continuum to already be running.
>
> I've externalized all the urls, ports, and passwords to a .properties
> file so it's easy if you like to run Continuum on a different port or
> url.  (For example, running with jetty:run in continuum-webapp, where
> it's on port 9090 and doesn't have /continuum in the url.)
>
> From there we can look at the latest work in the Cargo project to
> start/stop containers and deploy the app.  Rumor has it Cargo now
> supports multiple data sources for Tomcat.  I'd also like to check out
> Don Brown's IT Blast plugin which runs a set of tests against a webapp
> in multiple containers.
>
> Comments, suggestions, and volunteers to contribute tests and
> configuration are welcome!
>
> --
> Wendy

Gracias por su colaboracion.