continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Associating projects with distributed build agents
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 00:08:39 GMT
The more I think about this in light of the other discussion about the
problem of figuring out whether or not there have been scm changes
(because the last-used scm checkout might be anywhere) I'm leaning
towards:

1. associate a build environment with a single build agent [1]
2. get parallel builds working on the build agent (CONTINUUM-2045)

It's the effect of concurrent builds that I'm attached to, not
necessarily selecting an agent at build time.  That is, I'd love to
see permission- and capability-based selection of agents at some
point, but I can live with something less than that for the moment.

What do you think?

[1] I still need to make sure only an admin controls which projects
build on which agents...

--
Wendy