continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject In distributed build, how does Continuum decide whether there have been scm changes?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:15:56 GMT
I'm trying to understand how, if a project may build on any agent,
Continuum can determine whether there have been scm changes since the
last time it was built.  Here's what I think should happen (scheduled
builds, assuming Always Build and Build Fresh are NOT checked):

Add project
1:00pm Build on agent 1, checkout at r500
2:00pm Build on agent 2, checkout at r500 <--- no changes, project
should not build
2:15pm developer makes scm changes
3:00pm Build on agent 2 update to r501, build because there were changes
4:00pm Build on agent 1 update to r501 <---- no changes, project
should not build

But I'm not sure how Continuum makes its determination of whether
there have been changes, (even without Distributed Build.)

This is a bit of a pain to set up and test for, so I'm hoping someone
will reassure me that it will all work fine. :)

--
Wendy