continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing a 1.3.1 milestone?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:15:05 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Maria Odea Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:

> With the new features coming in and already in trunk, WDYT about doing a
> milestone release of 1.3.1 over the weekend?
> Some of the things that must be taken care of in order to release are:
> - the database migration tool (see Nap's proposal in [1])
> - Redback 1.2 or at least a 1.2-beta-2 must be released
> - integration of distributed and parallel builds in trunk (which Marica and
> I will be working on tomorrow)
>
> Did I miss anything else?

More documentation for the new features and how they affect existing
features.  I've published the docs from trunk, they'll show up at [1]
shortly.  If Nap's patch hasn't been merged yet, I'll look at that
this afternoon and see what else I can add.

I'm leaning more towards alpha than milestone, just because it's so
soon after this has landed on trunk.  That's the beauty of releasing
it as 1.3.1, we can decide what to label it later. :)

I've run the basic Selenium IDE tests [2] against r734446.  They all
pass with the exception of being unable to delete users, and that was
broken before the merges.  I'll work with it more this afternoon and
add a few new tests for the UI.

Thanks for all this work, what I've seen so far on the individual
branches looks really good and I'm excited to see how it all fits
together!

[1] http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.1-SNAPSHOT/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/trunk/continuum-webapp-test/src/test/selenium-ide/

--