continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First Part of Distributed Builds
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:12:22 GMT
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Marica Tan <ctan@exist.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

>> We currently have the ability to both build and release under a
>> selected build environment.  Continuum itself has to run under JDK
>> 1.5, so I'm concerned about losing the ability to build and release
>> with JDK 1.4 or a different Maven version from the one defined in
>> M2_HOME and PATH.
>>

> Ok. Will fix this. Thanks for the inputs.

I thought when we discussed this way back, the idea was to think of a
Build Environment as everything it is now, plus the "location" the
build should execute in (which slave).

You mentioned that the only model change is the configuration for
whether distributed builds are enabled.  Then where is the
url/selected slave for each project (group?) stored?  Or did this
change?

--
Wendy