continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: In distributed build, how does Continuum decide whether there have been scm changes?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:11:05 GMT
Most SCM systems will allow you to ask for a log list or diff between
two different repository states, or a log list or diff between two
timestamps, either of which will tell you if there have been changes
(if you scope it to a sub-directory as appropriate).

Christian.

On 26-Jan-09, at 07:43 , Marica Tan wrote:

> So here's my problem. As you can see from the scenario above, when
> it tried
> to build from agent 2 at 2:00, it checked out the project at r101
> with no
> scm changes.
> How can it get the changes from r100 to r101? This also happens at
> 3:00. It
> only gets the scm changes from r101 to r102. It can only have the scm
> changes from r100 to r102 if it build on agent 1 again just like at
> 3:30
> (merging of scm results will happen).

Christian E. Gruber - President / Senior Consultant
Isráfíl Consulting Services Corporation
email:  cgruber@israfil.net
mobile: +1 (289) 221-9839
web:    http://www.israfil.net/
"...keenness of understanding is due to keenness of vision."