continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: In distributed build, how does Continuum decide whether there have been scm changes?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:12:03 GMT
I agree with a unique number that Continuum can link to a revision or
a date, depending on the SCM capabilities.  I'm thinking that the
Master should control time, so if a timestamp is required, it should
be obtained from the master server, so that all agents are synced up
with a single source of time.

Christian

On 26-Jan-09, at 19:46 , Brett Porter wrote:

> ep, but something to bear in mind is that not all systems support an
> atomic revision number (eg, CVS). Perhaps the date could be used in
> its stead here - as long as it's used consistently (with no gaps in
> time) it should be fine (though date is bad to use in subversion,
> since it doesn't always work).
>
> I was actually thinking we should create a separate record from the
> checkout about what the last build was anyway (as this would support
> the multiple build definitions as well). This might be a good
> opportunity.

Christian E. Gruber - President / Senior Consultant
Isráfíl Consulting Services Corporation
email:  cgruber@israfil.net
mobile: +1 (289) 221-9839
web:    http://www.israfil.net/
"...keenness of understanding is due to keenness of vision."