continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Punzalan <elpunza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In distributed build, how does Continuum decide whether there have been scm changes?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:19:39 GMT
I have an idea...  actually, make it two.

First suggestion:  maybe the master should remember which agent last built
the project because then that agent has the latest sources.  The master can
then ask that same agent to check if there are scm updates.  Of course, its
up to the master now which agent should actually build the project if there
are changes.

Second suggestion: Have one agent that will do all the scm checks?  This
agent may not be doing only this task but you get the idea.

Introducing new agent features (like doing specific scm calls to check if
there are updates) is not quite what a non-distributed Continuum does.  So
I'm just trying to stay within what Continuum already does.

Just my $0.02.  ^_^