continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial Efforts for Parallel Builds
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:28:02 GMT
Hi All,

I've staged another snapshot from the parallel builds branch (-r733009) at:

http://people.apache.org/~oching/continuum-parallel-builds-r733009/org/apache/continuum/continuum-jetty/1.3.1-SNAPSHOT/

Below are the changes since the last staged snapshot:
1. Multiple canceling of queued checkouts and builds in Queues page
(checkboxes were missing from previous staged build and Wendy was also
having problems when refreshing the page)
2. Build queues can now be deleted
3. When no build queue is attached to a schedule, the "default" build queue
will be used. Same concept as with the default schedule, the default build
queue cannot be deleted.
4. Building a project is blocked if the project is in the release stage.
When the build is triggered at the group level, build will be blocked if at
least one project in the group is in the release stage. (From the previous
mails, we've also talked about blocking the release when a build is in
progess. It seemed that this was already in place way before the parallel
builds was started.)
5. UI validation checks
6. When the number of allowed builds in parallel is reduced to a value N
which is less than the build queues configured/attached to a schedule, the
parallel builds manager would take that into consideration and would only
utilize N number of build queues with respect to the order that the build
queues appear on the list.
7. Tests for parallel builds classes and other test cases affected from the
code changes are all fixed.

I think we can already merge this to trunk after the distributed builds
branch has been merged..

Comments, thoughts, feedback are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Deng