continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: Associating projects with distributed build agents
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:36:41 GMT
I guess then having agent groups as a logical group, but make group be
part of the criteria would help with that then, group effectively
being a property of the agent.

The key for me is to have the whole thing specified as constraints,
not explicit solutions, so that new agents can be launched and they
will automatically fit into the constraints based on their
configuration, rather than having to add them to this or that build
definition.  Filter/constraint configuration is a great way to
simplify config, especially with large banks of agents.

Christian

On 17-Jan-09, at 16:22 , Wendy Smoak wrote:

> I can see that working, if I can define arbitrary criteria like a
> property name/value.
>
> I need a way to make sure that Top Secret Project X builds on agents
> 3, 5 and 14 only, and that no other projects ever build on those
> agents.
>
> --
> Wendy
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Christian Edward Gruber
> <cgruber@israfil.net> wrote:
>> Rather than agent groups, could we go with a criteria approach?
>> That is to
>> say, you can describe and agent's capabilities, then associate
>> criteria for
>> a project group or project, and then let the system sort out which
>> agents
>> can fulfill which criteria?

Christian E. Gruber - President / Senior Consultant
email:  cgruber@israfil.net
Isráfíl Consulting Services Corporation
mobile: +1 (289) 221-9839
"Keenness of understanding is due to keenness of vision..."
phone:  +1 (905) 640-1119