continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r725818 [1/2] - in /continuum/branches/continuum-osgi-prototype: ./ continuum-app/ continuum-app/src/ continuum-app/src/main/ continuum-app/src/main/assembly/ continuum-app/src/main/resources/ continuum-build-plugin/ continuum-build-p
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:13:03 GMT
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Wendy Smoak <> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Emmanuel Venisse <>
> wrote:
> > I added this prototype, based on OSGI/Felix. It implement the
> specifications
> > written by Olivier [1] for a plugins system in Continuum.
> > I hope you'll can look at it and reply with comments.
> > [1]
> Hi Emmanuel, thanks for putting this together!  I don't have much to
> offer by way of a review, but at least wanted to let you know that
> someone tried it out. :)
> I'm just back from SpringOne where OSGi was *everywhere*, so I'm
> pleased to see this as a possible direction for Continuum.

Thanks Wendy.
In next weeks, I plug it step by step into the Continuum core and I'll look
at the same time to add dynamic struts action as plugins. With what I'have
seen for the moment, it would be easy to add some UI plugins with basic
servlets but it will be more complex with Struts2/JSP

I'm looking at spring-osgi too so the our spring components will communicate
with osgi plugins.

About plugin activators, I use actually an activator class by plugin, I'll
probably look at an other possibility with an xml descriptor and a generic
activator that will read this xml file to load the plugin as an extension