continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial Efforts for Parallel Builds
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 06:16:50 GMT
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Maria Odea Ching <oching@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> A couple of things came to mind... (I haven't tried it yet)
>
> > 1. In the Configuration page, set Number of Allowed Builds in Parallel to
> > value greater than 1 and save the changes.
> > 2. Create a new Build Queue. You can create a few more if you want but
> you
> > shouldn't be permitted to create more than the Number of Allowed Builds
> in
> > Parallel you've set in the configuration.
>
> What should happen if you go back to Configuration and reduce the
> number of allowed builds in parallel below the number of queues?

I don't think we have this scenario covered in the implementation yet. Good
catch Wendy :)

> > 2. handle instances when a project is still building and a release is
> > triggered
>
> Just disable the Release buttons?

Yeah, I was thinking of blocking the release & returning an error message,
but having the Release buttons disabled is way simpler & easier.

> --
> Wendy

Thanks,
Deng

--
Maria Odea Ching
Software Engineer | Exist Global | 687-4091 | Skype: maria.odea.ching |