continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Continuum 1.3.0 as Milestone 1
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:14:54 GMT
On the Continuum 1.3 trunk, we have two new features completed --
transient state so that Continuum doesn't repeatedly send emails if
the scm system is down, and the migration to Struts 2 as the
underlying web framework.  I'd like to release 1.3.0 as Milestone 1 to
get these new features into users' hands.

The binaries, sources, checksums, signatures, docs and staging repo
can be found here:
 http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.3.0

The release notes are available in the staged site:
 http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.3.0/docs/release-notes.html

(I made a mistake in updating the release notes to say 'Milestone 1',
since we should determine the classifier during the vote.  For example
it's possible that we might decide this is only an Alpha instead of a
Milestone.  I've fixed that on trunk for next time.)

Test results and votes are welcome from everyone in the community.
There are too many combinations of operating systems, scm repositories
and project types for any one person to test, so please try it out in
your environment and let us know what you find-- good or bad.

Once you've had a chance to review it, please vote

[ ] +1 Release it as Milestone 1!
[ ] +/- 0
[ ] -1 It should not be released as Milestone 1 because...

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.  Assuming all goes well
I'll tally the vote and finish up on Friday.  However, let me know if
you need more time.

Thanks,
--
Wendy Smoak