continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributed builds
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 02:01:40 GMT

On 20/11/2008, at 12:47 PM, Marica Tan wrote:

>>> 3. Central remote repository
>>> - for local build agent
>>>   a. add remote repository to settings.xml
>>> - for remote build agents
>>>   a. add remote repository to settings.xml
>>

> this is in the agent machine
>

>>>   b. M1 or M2 projects: deploy artifacts recently installed in the
>>> local
>>> repo to the remote repo.
>>>   c. ANT or SHELL projects: don't know yet how to deploy artifacts
>>> for
>>> these type of projects. so maybe limit the distributed builds for M1
>>> and/or
>>> M2 projects only?
>>>

>> I'm not quite sure what needs to change for a distributed build
>> here...
>> it's just the same configuration on multiple machines, right?
>>
> What do you mean?

hehe, thats what I was asking you :)

I don't see why anything special is needed for settings.xml - you
would configure it the same way across the machines manually at this
stage IMO.

As for deployment, the same normal Maven mechanisms can be used. I
don't think artifacts need to be shipped back and forward to the master.

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter