continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Tomasz Pik" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.2.1
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:38:27 GMT
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I also see other things going into the branch... shouldn't it just be
>>> minor fixes, no new features at this point?
>>
>> Which issues?
>
> 1572 (support build environments during the release process) and

I've upgraded my Continuum from 1.2 to today's snapshot of 1.2.1
and this works very good solving many of my problems

> 1933
> (new methods for web services) look like new features to me.

But I think that one is not backward-compatybille.
Client code using 1.2 libraries cannot be used - I'm getting
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to read result object:
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.project.ProjectGroupSummary; local
class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID =
-6336076739055760764, local class serialVersionUID =
-8103579995800817046
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.parser.RecursiveTypeParserImpl.endValueTag(RecursiveTypeParserImpl.java:73)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.parser.ObjectArrayParser.endElement(ObjectArrayParser.java:69)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.parser.RecursiveTypeParserImpl.endElement(RecursiveTypeParserImpl.java:96)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.parser.XmlRpcResponseParser.endElement(XmlRpcResponseParser.java:186)

I do not know if there're were changes in structure of this object
(in mdo files all fields of ProjectGroupSummary are marked as 1.1.0+)
but something goes differently during compilation and 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT server
is not compatybile with 1.2 client (using methods from 1.2, not those
introduced in 1.2.1).

Regards,
Tomek