continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.2.1
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:57:00 GMT
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Emmanuel Venisse
<emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I saw you opened CONTINUUM-1931, are you interested in upgrading to
>> Redback 1.1.2 before the release?
>
> Yes.

Is it as simple as changing the version number?  I'll try that and see
if anything breaks...

>> I also see other things going into the branch... shouldn't it just be
>> minor fixes, no new features at this point?
>
> Which issues?

1572 (support build environments during the release process) and 1933
(new methods for web services) look like new features to me.  1811
(support database connection pooling) might also be, but it's
unresolved and can be bumped.

I'd prefer to finish up 1.2 with one or two patch releases and see the
new features going into 1.3.  If big changes go into the 1.2.x branch,
it's harder to get a patch release out quickly if a problem is
discovered.

--
Wendy