continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject A Tomcat bundle for Continuum
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 02:10:57 GMT
I rarely test in Tomcat because it's a pain to set up the data sources
and I'm spoiled with mvn jetty:run and the jetty bundle. :)

I took a stab at making a tomcat bundle, and jasonb on #tomcat pointed
me towards the Embedded class, but I didn't find much documentation on
it.  It's not the same as org.mortbay.start.Main -- it doesn't have a
main method, which upsets the Java Service Wrapper.  I suspect we get
to write one... I did find this blog post [1] which looks useful.

Anyway, it's in the sandbox [2] if anyone would like to help, and I'll
add it to my unfinished projects list... (surely someone has done this
with Tomcat and JSW already??)

[1] http://lacson.name/archives/2004/12/how_to_embed_to.htm
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/sandbox/continuum-tomcat/

--