continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Marica Tan" <c...@exist.com>
Subject Re: Merging transient-state branch to trunk
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 02:33:26 GMT
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Emmanuel Venisse <
emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Marica Tan <ctan@exist.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's what I've done so far:
> >
> > 1. Separate prepare build from actual build
> >    - introduce PrepareBuildProjectsTask and
> > PrepareBuildProjectsTaskExecutor
> >
> > 2. Model change
> >    - added ProjectScmRoot ( which is used when updating ). Fields
> > (scmRootAddress, error, state, oldstate, projectGroup)
>

> What is it?

This is a new table with the list of scm root address per project group
having a state, error, and oldstate on each.

> >    - added scmRootAddress to Project which is the scmUrl of the root
> > project it belongs to.
>

> Why a new field? it can be calculated from the scm url.

When calculating for the scm root address, all I did was get the substring
of scm url that are common to the projects in the group (which now that I
think of it, seems wrong). Is there any other way how to do this? I'm not
sure how to calculate the scm root address from the scm url.

> >    - added scmResult to Project. ( the scmResult in the BuildResult
> object
> > will no longer be used )
>

> Why? Will we continue to have the scm result in the build result page?
>
> No. I'll remove scmResult from BuildResult object.

> > 3. Group level updates
> >    - update all projects first before building them one by one.
>

> Is it an update of all projects in Continuum or all projects in a group?

Update all projects with the same ProjectScmRoot in a group.