continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <emmanuel.veni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which jpa branch is active?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:04:57 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Rahul Thakur
<rahul.thakur.xdev@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Ken,
>
> Those 2 branches were created to investigate different approaches with
> JPA. I don't remember a consensus reached on which one to use.
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Emmanuel Venisse
> <emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Both was "test" branches. If you want to look at one, I'd prefer you look
> at
> > mine (continuum-jpa-evenisse) ;-)
>
> Yeah ditto, I'd prefer you look at continuum-jpa ;-))
>
> > My branch was based on jpa annotations and the other one was done with
> sql
> > in the code. I think annotations are better but I'm not a JPA expert.
>
> Emmanuel, I am not sure I understand - where did you find sql in the
> code? I think we have discussed the approached a few times on this
> list but your comment above sounds like you didn't quite grasp the
> motivation behind it.

Not sql but JPQL. For example in toString method in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/branches/continuum-jpa/continuum-model-jpa/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/store/jpa/ProjectGroupQuery.java

You're probably right, I don't grasp the motivation and I don't really like
all string concatenations in toString() methods.