continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making scm connection optional
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 02:20:39 GMT
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Stuart James Penrose <stu@penrose.us> wrote:

> Just an incompletely fleshed-out opinion from a lurker: I agree.
> Specifically, I think this would gel better with SCMs like mercurial and
> bazaar, where the fluidity of branching makes the burden of keeping the scm
> urls up-to-date very restricting.

I spent some time this weekend looking around to see how hard this
would be... there's a branch [1] and some comments on the issue [2].
I realized today that none of that is visible if you're only watching
the dev list. :)

I found that the original pom url entered by the user was lost very
early-- code in the action was mangling it to include the credentials.
 Then that url gets passed around all over.  I removed that bit, so on
the branch you currently can't add a pom that requires auth.  I'm now
pondering what to do about the dozen or so method signatures that
would have to be changed if I am to pass the url, userid, and password
separately.  Comments welcome...

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/branches/CONTINUUM-1721
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1721

--