continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r695183 - in /continuum/trunk: continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/dao/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/ continuum-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/ continuum-model/src/main/mdo/ contin
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:50:16 GMT
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Ken Liu <ken.liu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, how does Continuum handle the addition of new fields when
> upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2?
>
> Does Continuum 1.2 automatically update the database schema at startup? I
> didn't see any documentation indicating that there is a migration script
> that needs to be run when upgrading.

We've been tracking model changes here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONTINUUM/Model+Changes

The 1.2 docs state that no upgrade tool is needed:
http://people.apache.org/~olamy/staging-sites/continuum-1.2/docs/1.2/installation/upgrade.html

...however, I see mention of some new *mandatory* fields on the wiki,
so I'm not certain. :(

--
Wendy