continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are templated build definitions shared among groups?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:39:33 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Ken Liu <ken.liu@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think these things you mentioned are a symptom of a greater problem - the
> concept of "build definitions" is sort of unclear from the user interface
> perspective. When using 1.1 for the first time, I was pretty surprised by
> the way that build definitions are shared.
>
> Perhaps this is due to a lack of documentation, but somehow the UI needs to
> better communicate which build definitions are shared and how they are
> shared.

Yep.  I opened CONTINUUM-1880 (Show what project group is using each
build definition) yesterday for that.

Are you really seeing build defs being shared across groups?  To me
that would imply that Project Group A can make a change and Project
Group B sees it.  Which was my original suspicion, but I was not able
to confirm it (which is a good thing.)

And, where in the UI would you like to see changes?

--
Wendy