continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are templated build definitions shared among groups?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:29:44 GMT
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is still on my list to test and verify, but I suspect that when a
> build definition is added to a project group at group creation time
> (i.e., from a template) then that build definition is shared between
> all groups created this way.
>
> When I look at the Build Definition Templates page, I see only one
> build definition.
>
> However, if I add build definitions to existing project groups, then I
> see new build definitions show up on the templates page.

Working with build definitions, I've observed

1. Each time you add a project group, a copy of each templated build
def is created.  (So they are NOT shared.)

2. Each time a project group makes a change to their build definition,
a new build def is added to the list. (Is this correct?)

3. The list of build definitions on the Build Definitions Templates
page can get quite long, and it's not clear which build definitions
are actually in use.

4. The 'delete' icon is disabled for copies of the default build
definitions, even if the build def is edited so that a new one appears
and no one is actually using the 'original'.

5. The delete icon is enabled on user-added build defs and copies,
even if the build def is in use and trying to delete it will cause a
constraint violation complete with error message and stack trace.

I'll open some issues...

--
Wendy