continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.2
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:31:46 GMT
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you really want the first release in the series to be called "1.2"
> then please consider doing milestones (1.2-M1, 1.2-M2, 1.2) instead of
> deleting and re-creating 1.2 several times.

Sorry, Archiva decided on milestones (though I don't think I've seen
any yet,) and Maven had been doing RC's and is now doing a combination
(M1-RC13).

Different animals, same effect on the version number in that it
doesn't get reused.

In my mind, milestones imply there is some sort of plan and would be a
few weeks apart.  Wanting to re-do the release until you get it just
right feels like -RC1, -RC2 to me.

--
Wendy