continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.2
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:15:08 GMT
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Olivier Lamy <> wrote:

> For the record, I cancel this vote and restart the process.
> I will fix too.
> As we are in major release we can do it (I don't want to do this in a
> minor release like 1.2.1)

IMO version numbers should not be reused.  I knew there would be
problems to work out in the build-- when I wrote originally I said I
might not even call a vote on 1.2.0 and would move on to 1.2.1, 1.2.2,
etc.  That's how this style of versioning works.  Not everything goes
public, and skipping numbers is no big deal.  Struts doesn't usually
get a GA release until around x.x.6.

If you really want the first release in the series to be called "1.2"
then please consider doing milestones (1.2-M1, 1.2-M2, 1.2) instead of
deleting and re-creating 1.2 several times.

This is what Archiva decided on, how Maven has been doing it, and it
sounds like it might be a better fit here as well.

View raw message