continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with notifiers
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:44:00 GMT
Can the mail notifier be pulled out to a separate jar prior to
introducing a plugin architecture, or should I not even try?

I'm looking for the reason why things are the way they are now-- most
notifiers over in continuum-notifiers, but the email one still in
continuum-core.

If it's just that no one wanted to move it yet, I'll try, but I
suspect there's more history around this.

To solve my immediate problem I don't think I need an architecture
change in Continuum.  It's just that replacing one small notifier jar
would be easier and safer than messing around with the continuum-core
jar.  And it probably leads us in the right direction anyway, where
each plugin is a separate jar.

--
Wendy