continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Versioning the Continuum configuration
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 01:49:43 GMT
Yep, Archiva automatically updates an out of date configuration file
on save and can read old versions.

I think in terms of the database - we do already have a version in
there (it should be storing the modelVersion as long as we're doing
that consistently).

I'm ready to toss out data-management calling it "it seemed like a
good idea at the time" and use standard database backup techniques and
SQL based migrations. I think Emmanuel has suggested tools in the past.

The way Rails does it is ideal - surely someone has knocked that up in
Java already? :) I'm pretty sure I also saw something in the OpenJPA
documentation too, though haven't had a chance to investigate. Perhaps
Ken could comment on this?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter