continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Ken Liu" <ken....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r695183 - in /continuum/trunk: continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/dao/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/ continuum-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/ continuum-model/src/main/mdo/ contin
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:58:42 GMT
Yes, that's what I was thinking, but I didn't know if there was some
automagic database migration.

Maybe a minor documentation update would suffice.

IMHO, even if some database fields are not mandatory, it is generally bad
practice not to migrate databases. You really don't want some people having
one schema and other users having a different schema - it just makes for
more consistency in deployment and less support issues, especially when
dealing with ORM tools.

Ken