continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Thakur" <rahul.thakur.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which jpa branch is active?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 04:58:05 GMT
Hello Ken,

Those 2 branches were created to investigate different approaches with
JPA. I don't remember a consensus reached on which one to use.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Emmanuel Venisse
<emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:
> Both was "test" branches. If you want to look at one, I'd prefer you look at
> mine (continuum-jpa-evenisse) ;-)

Yeah ditto, I'd prefer you look at continuum-jpa ;-))

> My branch was based on jpa annotations and the other one was done with sql
> in the code. I think annotations are better but I'm not a JPA expert.

Emmanuel, I am not sure I understand - where did you find sql in the
code? I think we have discussed the approached a few times on this
list but your comment above sounds like you didn't quite grasp the
motivation behind it.

Ken, feel free to poke around with both and let us know if you have
any queries or issues. The continuum-jpa used OpenJPA as JPA provider
for investigation, but IIRC there was an inclination to go with
TopLink in the group.

Cheers,
Rahul