continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <emmanuel.veni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.2 this month?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:21:46 GMT
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Today I will call a vote on scm 1.1.
> >> Then a vote on new continuum parent version 2.
> >
> > Great!
>
> ... and it looks like that all happened, but now there's a snapshot
> dependency on Redback.

Yes :-)

> I commented on the commit and the issue I think is related
> (CONTINUUM-1858) to see if it can go on a branch, but on second
> thought I think I'd like to branch for the release instead.  That
> seems less disruptive to the people who want to continue with their
> work on trunk.
>
> So, branch for 1.2.x and change trunk to 1.3 ?

ok.

> I'm not sure how extensive the changes in Redback are, but I'm
> concerned about switching from 1.0 to 1.1 this late in the game.

When do you want to start the release?

I'll can finish my changes for Monday evening.
If you can wait until it, it would be cool, otherwise it will go in 1.2.1
with redback 1.0.3

My changes to do to finish my latest changes:
- Add parent roles in the role page
- Remove all users in 'available users' list if they are defined in a parent
role
- it is impossible to modify the role description actually

It isn't a big work to do and the actual code works fine, but I think I was
alone to test it :)

Emmanuel