continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.2 this month?
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 02:09:38 GMT
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> On 30/08/2008, at 3:02 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
>> Hmmm... I'm thinking a move to Redback 1.1 belongs in Continuum 1.3+.
>>
>> Historically we've seen issues with the Redback integration.  (Not
>> necessarily a problem in Redback itself, just the complication of
>> integrating it into a different app.)  I don't want to risk
>> destabilizing Continuum 1.2 by moving to a new version of Redback.
>
> The code is identical, all that changed is the group ID.

Well, then why is it 1.1?  That just scares people. :)

Based on that news it could go into 1.2.x, but given the 100+ issues
already solved for 1.2 I'd just as soon stop now and get 1.2 out with
all the new features it _already_ has.

I'm keeping notes here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONTINUUM/Continuum+1.2.0+Release+Diary

So far, the only real problem I see is the NPE for the Appearance
link.  I'm planning to comment out a few things so it doesn't show on
the menu or in the docs for 1.2.0.  Problem solved. :)  Once it's
fixed on trunk we can decide whether to merge it back.

--
Wendy