continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.2 this month?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:02:46 GMT
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Emmanuel Venisse
<> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Wendy Smoak <> wrote:
>> (Though I'm a bit confused about the versions-- your changes are in
>> Redback 1.1-SNAPSHOT now, are they going to be merged to Redback 1.0.x
>> for a release?)
> As discussed on the redback list, redback 1.0.x must be removed.
> The code in redback trunk and branch are the same and we don't have
> modifications since 1.0.3 except changes I've done about the role page.
>> In general, will Continuum 1.2.x stay with Redback 1.0.x?
> No, we'll move to 1.1.

Hmmm... I'm thinking a move to Redback 1.1 belongs in Continuum 1.3+.

Historically we've seen issues with the Redback integration.  (Not
necessarily a problem in Redback itself, just the complication of
integrating it into a different app.)  I don't want to risk
destabilizing Continuum 1.2 by moving to a new version of Redback.

>> I'm not sure what the version number on trunk should be if I branch
>> for 1.2.0.  But we can sort that out later I guess.
>1.3 or 2.0, I don't know yet.

/me _leans_ towards 1.3, incremental change is good.

View raw message