continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum release versioning
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:36:22 GMT
Okay, I'm going with httpd- (tomcat-, struts-) style versioning for 1.2.

Specifically, I'm going to branch "continuum-1.2.x" just prior to
Emmanuel's changes for CONTINUUM-1858 which require a new version of
Redback.

If I find anything else problematic for a release, I may go back and
branch from an earlier revision.

Then I'm going to prepare Continuum 1.2.0.  I don't expect that this
one will pass.  I may not even call a vote.  There will likely be some
things to work out in the build process, and IMO the docs need work.

Then onward to 1.2.1, 1.2.2, etc.  Anything appropriate for 1.2 can be
merged back from trunk.  Nothing that would block an immediate release
should be merged.

Trunk will move on to 1.3 or 2.0 depending on a separate discussion.
For the moment, 1.2-SNAPSHOT on trunk will not conflict with
1.2.0-SNAPSHOT on the branch, so no rush there.

Any comments?

--
Wendy