continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making scm connection optional
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:22:01 GMT
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:05 AM, jgifford <jgifford@wernervas.com> wrote:

> I've ran into this issue with Continuum 1.1 and removing the 'connection'
> element from the pom's repository section.  We removed the 'connection'
> element because the documentation site generation features for Maven uses
> that element to indicate that a repository has anonymous access.  In our
> case this is totally bogus, so we removed the element to correct this
> information in the site documentation that is generated.

It sounds like you've removed <scm><connection> but left
<developerConnection>.  I'm actually talking about making the entire
scm section optional for normal builds.

You can configure the scm report to use different urls than the pom
uses-- I added this because the module the site is published from is
often not the same place that you want to list as the location of the
source code.  (But I'm not sure you can _un_set the connection param--
probably if you leave it blank it's going to default back to the pom
value. :( )
 * http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/scm-mojo.html

> With the element removed, Continuum 1.1 works, but we get two builds now.
> One that always fails indicating that the
> 'update-project-from-working-directory' could not be executed.  With this,
> the version information that is usually updated is not being updated.   The
> second one is the actual build and that works as expected.

Can you explain more about getting two builds?  Do you have the
project added twice or multiple build definitions?

--
Wendy