continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: refactoring the SCM
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 06:52:40 GMT
(Sorry, I just caught up now with discussions here in the list..)

+1 on the proposal..

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com
> wrote:

> +1 but few comments
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Marica Tan <ctan@exist.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok here's my new proposal :)
> >
> > SCM Errors
> > 1. Separation of configuration/pre-build from actual build
> > 2. Create new state for svn failure but will use ( x ) for the icon
>

> In my vision, the icon for svn failures shouldn't be on the project, maybe
> on the group.
> With a scm failure, Continuum can't start the build so the project state
> don't change
>

> > 3. Still send a notification if there's an svn failure. ( I would still
> > like
> > to be notified if something like this happens )
>

> Yes, but without a project context (project name, build definition), It
> should be a general message and sent only one time for all projects. I
> don't
> want to be spammed by the same mail for all modules.

+1 to Emmanuel's suggestion

> > 4. Have a checkout/update error field on the project.
>

> I don't think it is the best place. A new table with the list of all scm
> root address with a state on each would be probably better.
>

> > 5. Can release project even if it has a state of svn failure
>

> With a scm failure, the release process can't run, you must check if the
> scm
> is back or not.
>

> > 6. Do not create a build result for transient errors
> >
> > Cancelling a build
> > 7. Cancelled build will trigger a skip but will still have it's previous
> > state.
>

> what do you mean?

I think this is for a project currently being built? If the build's
cancelled, the previous state (e.g. before the cancelled build) would be
retained?

> Emmanuel

Thanks,
Deng