continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Plexus components
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:16:51 GMT
For those not following plexus-dev, Plexus is being moved and a lot of
the components will be archived.

I'd like to suggest we review each and either remove them, bring them
into our source tree (after reviewing licensing), or ask that they be
kept alive.

Here's what I see today, thanks to dependency-convergence:

* plexus-registry[-api|commons] +
* plexus-action
* plexus-command-line
* plexus-formica
* plexus-jabber
* plexus-jdo2 +
* plexus-mail-sender-[api|javamail|simple|test] +
* plexus-msn
* plexus-quartz
* plexus-slf4j-logging
* plexus-taskqueue
* plexus-velocity
* plexus-xwork-integration

+ are the ones that come from Redback as well

The following come uniquely from redback:
* plexus-cache[-api|ehcache]
* plexus-expression-evaluator
* plexus-digest

Is there any of these we want to push to have kept, remove
immediately, or attempt to bring in house?

I think maybe plexus-action, formica, msn, jabber and any other
notification ones could be considered for importing. There was also a
discussion on the Archiva dev list related to this, and some
suggestions for replacing some of them.

Cheers,
Brett

--