continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: refactoring the SCM
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 06:09:42 GMT

On 31/07/2008, at 3:54 PM, Marica Tan wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> The more I think about it, the current (x) really signifies the right
>> thing, but the way it is treated needs to be improved as you've
>> described.
>> WDYT?
>>

> You mean putting the error in the session? I think if there is a
> transient
> error then we put it into session so that even if you leave the group
> summary page while it's still updating/checking out and an svn failure
> occur, it's still possible to show the (x) and the error message.
> But once
> you leave the page again or make a refresh, the error will be gone
> ( we
> removed the error from the session once it is displayed ) and the
> status
> will be the previous status of the project.

Sorry, no - I still think we should track it on the server (it's still
relevant until it's fixed) - just not as part of the build history for
the project.

I think we used to have a separate checkout error field on the project
- it is probably a generalisation of that?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org