continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <emmanuel.veni...@gmail.com>
Subject Improvements (general and performances) : next steps
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:42:16 GMT
Hi,

In next days, I'll work on some improvements.

Notification:
I started to refactor the notification part. I'm removing
plexus-notification and simplify APIs. In this refactoring, I remove the
context HashMap and use a "real" object (MessageContext) so it is more easy
to know what can be used from the context. This refactoring is a first step
for the notification part because I want in the future to allow a user to
develop a new notifier without to modify some Continuum code or existing
JSPs, a notifier will be a plugin but not in 1.2
I'll remove plexus-mail-sender too and will replace it by the Spring mail
component
I'll change the library used by the MSN notifier.

Performance:
During a build, we won't do DB access, it is a performance issue actually.
All will be done in memory and the result will be stored at the end.
I want to remove all HashMap context used actually in the build controller
and build actions,  they aren't developer friendly.
To reduce DB access and improve performance a lot, I'd like to use ehcache
for all major objects (all objects without build results and associated)

What do you think?
Emmanuel